Business Development Executives are responsible for maximizing the sales of The Presentation Team’s presentation design and training services within a specific geography and account base through effective account management, strong selling techniques and communication.
Business Development/Sales & Marketing Professional for Washington, D.C. Area Presentation Agency - Contract, Part-Time, or Full-Time
POSITION STATEMENT: Business Development Executives are responsible for maximizing the sales of The Presentation Team’s presentation design and training services within a specific geography and account base through effective account management, strong selling techniques and communication.
Sales Prospecting – Business Development Executives are expected to find and engage existing and new Presentation Team corporate customers:
- Calling on new and existing prospective leads to help drive new sales from qualification to close.
- Reconnecting with existing (past) customers to explore new sales opportunities.
- Cold Calling / marketing to prospective leads, driving sales from qualification to close.
- Effectively presenting services and pricing to prospective clients.
- Identifying opportunities, developing and implementing ‘Account Action Plans’.
- Developing customer marketing concepts that will increase The Presentation Team exposure.
- Working collaboratively with clients, designers, and management to ensure that clients are optimally using Presentation Team services to the highest satisfaction.
- Effectively maintaining records as required by The Presentation Team of sales contacts, sales activities and customer interactions utilizing The Presentation Team’s ProsperWorks CRM platform.
Selling – Business Development Executives are expected to obtain company revenue targets and growth goals by:
- Selling The Presentation Team solutions with the customer on strategies that will help them sell more.
- Building relationships and an effective partnership with the ultimate decision maker in assigned accounts.
- Being an expert on The Presentation Team design and training services lines.
- Being well versed on PowerPoint Presentation Development, business culture.
- Communicating – Business Development Executives are expected to serve as information resources for, and conduits between, the field and The Presentation Team’ management by: communicating issues, opportunities and market intelligence through effective written, electronic and verbal means.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Sales Tasks & Activities: Knowledge of sales processes, tools, techniques and theory behind selling the organization’s products or services.
- Knowledge of Customers & Sales Channels: Knowledge of customer’s business operations and ability to coordinate multiple and diverse options for selling the organization’s products and services to each.
- Knowledge of Product Line: Strong knowledge of products and associated development process and marketing strategy.
Qualified Candidates should possess:
- 2 to 3 years of sales experience.
- Bachelor degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, analytical and objection handling skills.
- Prior experience and knowledge in selling services (communications, software, technology) desirable.
- Prior experience and knowledge of an agency is desirable.
- Proven abilities to develop selling strategies target selling opportunities.
- Proven track record of successfully managing a sales territory selling.
- Ability to work with management, colleagues, and customers throughout the business and industry at every level.
- Key attributes (IE; entrepreneurial self starter, ambitious personality, accountable and action oriented, etc.)
Base hourly rate + up to 20% commission.